WIAW #87


So I’m currently in the punishment stage for taking a vacation and am buried in work up to my eyebrows.  As a result, I haven’t had much for you guys lately but I wanted to check in with a quick What I Ate Wednesday post to say hi and tell you I’m still alive.

Let’s take a look at some eats, shall we?  For breakfast I had a few whole wheat waffles and an egg and salsa scramble.


Lunch probably looks pretty familiar, I had a big spinach salad and some Olé Mole Chili (the usual from the Farmer’s Market).


For a snack I had some pretzels & cottage cheese, I guess it was a pretty normal day of eating for me, nothing too new here.  I totally forgot to snap a picture of my dinner but I made some buffalo chicken breasts and served it along with some salad and fresh corn.

Since I have nothing to show you for dinner, instead, I’ll go into a quick rant about how much this little squirrel pissed me off yesterday.


So, just to give you a little back story… We basically have no land so whatever we grow is limited to the few containers and pots we have.  I planted a bunch of flowers at the beginning of the season and for the most part they’re doing well.  Except for this gerbera daisy that I got.  When I got it there were three beautiful blooms on it and then within a few weeks, they turned brown and fell off.  So I was determined to nurture this plant and make it come back.  So I trimmed it and kept it watered and sure enough, 3 months later, I finally got ONE gorgeous light pink bloom on the plant.  It made me smile every time I went out to my car.

Yesterday, I come home from grocery shopping and look at the pot and see this squirrel sitting in the pot with both his hands on the flower, just staring at me saying “I’m going to take this and there’s nothing you can do about it.”  We sat there staring at each other for about 30 seconds while I whispered “don’t you even dare..” just as he grabbed the entire flower in his mouth, jumped up to the fence and proceeded to nibble it into little pieces.  I jumped out of the car and chased after him yelling obscenities but he made off with the one and only flower of the summer 🙁  Damn squirrel.  I posted this pic on facebook and apparently I’m not the only one dealing with squirrel issues.

Anyways, happy Wednesday and sorry for the lack of posting lately!


Our Saturday morning routine.

WeekendMorningWe’ve started a new Saturday morning routine this summer and its seriously the BEST way to start the weekend.  We wake up early, usually around 6:30 or 7 and walk down to order some breakfast.  We eat outside on the water and sometimes read the paper, while Oto sits there quietly waiting for a dropped piece.  Then we take a super long walk, usually 4-6 miles and end up getting back to the house before 9 or 10.  Its so nice to get out and enjoy the cool morning air and get your exercise in before most people are even rolling out of bed.  I’m not ready for summer to end!


Leave a Reply